Facelift surgery is a time-tested and highly effective way to remove years from your appearance. Board-certified Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Eisemann offers both full and mini-facelift options, enabling him to customize each procedure to meet the exact needs of the patient. If you are considering facelift surgery in Houston or surrounding areas, we welcome an opportunity to meet with you and discuss your goals, and to help you find the solution best suited to produce the look of your dreams.
To schedule your initial facelift consultation at our Houston plastic surgery office, please contact us online or by calling 855-813-7077 today. The Eisemann Plastic Surgery Center serves the Texas communities of Katy, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Conroe, and all surrounding areas.
- Facelift Options
- What a Facelift can Do
- Facelift Candidates
- Facelift Recovery
- Facelift Risks & Safety
- Financing Your Procedure
- Contact Us
Dr. Eisemann performs two different types of facelift at our accredited plastic surgery center:
- Full facelift – ideal for patients with loose or sagging skin in the neck and along the jowls, the full facelift addresses skin laxity and wrinkles from the midface down
- Mini-facelift – perfect for patients with only mild skin laxity and initial signs of aging, the mini-facelift reduces sagging in the cheeks, along the jawline and throughout the neck
A full facelift will require incisions above the hairline and behind the ears, giving Dr. Eisemann the ability to lift underlying fat, muscle, and tissue into a more appealing position. For a mini-facelift, incisions are shorter and often placed only in the area being treated. Both types of facelift will produce natural-looking results that can last for several years. Which facelift technique is right for you is something best determined during your initial consultation with our Houston plastic surgeon. Call us at 855-813-7077 to schedule your today.
What a Facelift can Do
Facelift surgery is a is designed to lift sagging and loose skin in the neck, lower face, and midface. In so doing, this facial rejuvenation procedure is also effective at addressing:
- Hollowed cheeks
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
- Turkey waddle
- Double chin
Facelift surgery can take years off of your appearance, but it is not designed for full facial rejuvenation. If you are unhappy with several areas of your face, Dr. Eisemann may recommend combining your facelift with additional procedures including blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) and forehead lift for optimal results. Facelift surgery can also be complemented with nonsurgical options such as dermal fillers. During your initial plastic surgery consultation at our Houston office, Dr. Eisemann will help you decide on the appropriate procedures and begin customizing the rejuvenation procedure ideal for your needs.
The best candidates for facelift surgery are men and women who have loose or sagging skin in the neck and facial area, and who desire a tighter and more youthful appearance. In addition, the best candidates for facelift surgery are:
- Both women and men are good candidates for facelifts
- In generally good physical and emotional health
- Aware of the benefits and limitations of facelift surgery
- Prepared for a surgical procedure
- Able to take time off from work and strenuous activity to recover
- Willing to follow all pre and postoperative instructions provided by Dr. Eisemann
It is also important that facelift candidates have realistic expectations. This procedure can take several years off of your appearance, but it cannot make a 50-year-old look 18 again. Dr. Eisemann takes great care in crafting personalized procedures while still maintaining natural-looking results. What you can realistically expect will be discussed during your facelift consultation.
Recovery from facelift surgery is as individual as the patients who undergo it. Because some patients opt to include other procedures like eyelid surgery as part of their facelift, it’s impossible to definitively say what you will and will not experience. That said, we can generally characterize the recovery process according to the four weeks following the procedure.
- The day of your surgery – The vast majority of our patients go home the same day as their operation. You’ll want to have a trusted friend or a family member drive you home and remain with you for at least the first 24 hours to help you with basic needs like meals and medications.
- Week One – In the first week following your facelift surgery, you’ll want to take it easy. Plenty of rest is called for, and you’ll probably be taking pain medication, which could cause some fatigue or nausea. Most patients are able to move around their houses normally within about three days of the operation, but Dr. Eisemann will give you specific postoperative instructions to help you care for your bandages and manage pain and discomfort.
- Week Two – In week two, most of the swelling and bruising will have decreased, and you can resume very light activities like walking. While plenty of rest remains the order of the day, you should get up and move around in accordance with Dr. Eisemann’s instructions to keep blood flowing and aid your healing process.
- Week Three – Patients are usually able to return to work after two weeks of recovery at home. You should begin feeling fairly normal again, though many patients continue to report lingering tightness in the skin, or even some tingling or numbness. You can resume most of your normal day-to-day activities, but save the intense exercise for another few weeks to prevent injury.
- Week Four & Beyond – After the fourth week, you should be able to resume a majority of your normal activities, though more intense activities should be avoided until week six or eight. Dr. Eisemann will work with you during your recovery period to help you determine when it is safe to begin strenuous or demanding tasks.
Your facelift recovery will depend on factors including your body’s natural ability to heal and the type of facelift you have had performed. We will help you plan for a safe and comfortable recovery and provide you with all of the information you will need to reduce risks and complications, and ensure a smooth and rewarding experience.
Facelift Risks and Safety
At The Eisemann Plastic Surgery Center, your health is always our paramount concern. Whatever the procedure, we recognize that keeping you safe is our most important duty. Nonetheless, many patients are particularly (and understandably) concerned about safety when the discussion turns to a facial procedure.
Fortunately, the facelift procedure is commonly performed and boasts an impressive safety record – and Dr. Michael Eisemann, a triple-board certified plastic surgeon, has a certification from the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, illustrating his dedication to the art and science of facial plastic surgery and his commitment to patient safety and satisfaction.
All of our facelift procedures are performed in a private surgical suite that has been accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities where your comfort and health remain top priorities. You can further reduce your risks for complications by following the instructions provided by Dr. Eisemann for the preparation of your surgical procedure.
The statistics on facelifts are clear. The procedure has been performed for decades, and hundreds of thousands of patients across the world undergo facelifts without experiencing any meaningful complications. Of course, a facelift is only as safe as the plastic surgeon is competent. That's why it's crucial you always go to a proper, experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon for yours. Dr. Eisemann understands the aesthetics of the face and its underlying structure.
It's important to understand that a facelift, like all surgical procedures, carries with it certain risks. These are rare and relatively minor, but we believe in always being honest and upfront with our patients. Facelift risks include:
- Anesthesia complications
- Nerve damage
- Swelling and numbness
While these facelift complications are possible, they are rare and will not impact most patients. Dr. Eisemann will evaluate your candidacy for facelift to ensure you are a good fit for the procedure to help further minimize risks.
Facelift Surgery Cost
The cost of facelift surgery depends on factors such as which type of procedure you are undergoing, the addition of other facial plastic surgery procedures, and the time that will be required to produce your desired look. Understanding that facelift costs play a role in the decision-making process for many of our patients, Dr. Eisemann is pleased to offer financing options including:
If you would like additional information about these facelift financing options, we can discuss them during your initial consultation. You can apply for credit online and find more information about special rates and introductory APRs by visiting the sites linked above as well.
Contact the Eisemann Plastic Surgery Center
Dr. Eisemann has over 30 years of experience helping men and women achieve their desired looks through targeted facial and body procedures. If you are considering a facelift procedure, call our board-certified Houston facial plastic surgeon at 855-813-7077 to schedule your consultation today.