How is a Breast Lift Different From Breast Augmentation?
For millions of women, the effects of pregnancy, weight gain or loss, and aging can have a dramatic impact on the appearance of their breasts. If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your breasts, or simply wish to regain a more youthful appearance, there are many different options available today.
Breast augmentation, also called a breast enlargement, is used to increase the size of the breasts. Usually this is performed by placing implants in the breasts. The reasons a woman may choose a breast augmentation procedure are varied, and include:
- breasts that may be different sizes
- breasts that get smaller with age or after having children
- breasts that are not proportional to the rest of the body
- breasts ptosis (sagging)
- breasts that make it difficult to find clothes that fit right
By contrast, a breast lift procedure uses your own existing tissues to restore the perky and youthful appearance of the breasts. In this procedure, the breasts are literally moved to a higher position on the chest. Common reasons to undergo a breast lift include:
- breasts that sag due to aging
- breasts that sag following pregnancy or nursing
- beasts that have shifted due to weight changes
Breast augmentation and breast lift can be used together as well, to both enlarge the breasts and improve their position on the chest.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts for any reason, Dr. Eisemann and his Houston, Texas team can help you learn about all of your options. Please call The Eisemann Plastic Surgery Center today at 713-766-0071 or contact us online for a consultation.